Monday, December 31, 2012

Prayer Each Day - in times of trial


 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:28

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Psalm 46:1

God’s love remains constant.  We must never forget that God intends for us to use our setbacks as stepping stones on the path to a better life.  When tough times arrive, we have a clear choice:  we can begin the difficult work of tackling our troubles…or not.

When we summon the courage to look Old Man Trouble squarely in the eye, he usually blinks.  But, if we refuse to address our problems, even the smallest annoyances have a way of growing into king-sized catastrophes.

As believers, we know that God loves us and that He will protect us.  In times of hardship, He will comfort us; in times of sorrow, He will dry our tears.  When we are troubled, or weak, or sorrowful, God is always with us. 

God will not permit any troubles to come upon us unless He has a specific plan by which great blessings can come out of the difficulty.  Peter Marshall

As we wait on God, He helps us use the winds of adversity to soar above our problems.  As the Bible says, “Those who wait on the LORD…shall mount up with wings like eagles.”   Billy Graham

Heavenly Father, You are my strength and my refuge.  As I journey through this day, I know that I may encounter disappointments and losses.  When I am troubled, let me turn to You.  Keep me steady, Lord, and renew a right spirit inside of me this day and forever.   Amen

No comments: