Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Prayer Each Day - Controlling Your Thoughts

Controlling Your Thoughts


Dear Lord, I will focus on Your love, Your power, Your promises, and You Son.  When I am weak, I will turn to You for strength; when I am worried, I will turn to You for comfort:  when I am troubled, I will turn to You for patience and perspective.  Help me guard my thoughts, Lord, so that I may honor You this day and forever.  Amen

Therefore, get your minds ready for action, being self-disciplined, and set your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.  1 Peter 1:13

Here’s a proven way to improve your life;  learn to control the direction of your thoughts.  Your thoughts, of course, are intensely powerful things.  Your thoughts have the power to life you up or drag you down.

How will you and your family members direct your thoughts today?  Will you obey the words of Philippians 4:8 by dwelling upon those things that are honorable, true and worthy of praise?  Or will you allow your thoughts to be hijacked by the negativity that seems to dominate our troubled world? 

The mind is like a clock that is constantly running down.  It has to be wound up daily with good thoughts.  Fulton J. Sheen

Your thoughts are the determining factors as to whose mold you are conformed to.  Control your thoughts and your control the direction of your life.  Charles Stanley.

No comments: