Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Right Kind Of Attitude

Great Blessed LIFE TO ALL:  The Right Kind Of Attitude

A cheerful heart has a continual feast.  Proverbs  15:15         

 Make your own attitude that of Christ Jesus.  Philippians  2:5

Of course you’ve heard the saying,  “Life is what you make of it.”  And although that statement may seem very trite, it’s also very true.  You can choose a life filled to the brim with frustration and fear, or you can choose a life of abundance and peace.  That choice is up to you---and only you---and it depends, to a surprising extent, upon your attitude.

What’s your attitude today?  Are you fearful, angry, bored, or worried?  Are you moping around with a frown on your face that’s almost as big as the one in your heart?  If so, God wants to have a little talk with you. 

God created you in His own image, and He wants you to experience joy, contentment, peace, and abundance.  But, God will not force you to experience these things; you must claim them for yourself.

The quality of your attitude will help determine the quality of your life, so you must guard your thoughts accordingly.  If you make up your mind to approach life with a healthy mixture of realism and optimism, you’ll be rewarded.  But, if you allow yourself to fall into the unfortunate habit of negative thinking, you will doom yourself to unhappiness, or mediocrity, or worse.

The next time you’re tempted to waste valuable time gossiping or complaining, resist those temptations with all you’re might.  And remember this character-building tip:  You’ll never whine your way to the top….so don’t waste your breath.


Lord, let me be an expectant Christian.  Let me expect the best from You, and let me look for the best in others.  If I become discouraged, Father, turn my thoughts and my prayers to You.  Let me trust You, Lord, to direct my life.  And, let me share my faith and optimism with others, today and every day that I live.  Amen

(From the Daily Prayer a friend emails me each day)

No comments: