Friday, January 4, 2013

A Prayer Each Day - Willingness to Serve

When Jesus humbled Himself and became a servant, He also became an example for me.  Make me a faithful steward of my gifts, and let me be a humble servant to my loved ones, to my friends, and to those in need. 

For I have given you an example that you also should do just as I have done for you.   John 13:15

We live in a world that glorifies power, prestige, fame and money.  But the words of Jesus teach us that the most esteemed men are not the widely acclaimed leaders of society; the most esteemed among us are the humble servants of society. 

Every single day of your life, including this one, God will give you opportunities to serve Him by serving other people.  Always be willing to pitch in and make the world a better place, and forego the temptation to keep all your blessings to yourself.  When you do you’ll earn rewards that are simple unavailable to folks who stubbornly refuse to serve.

In the great orchestra we call life, you have an instrument and a song, and you owe it to God to play them both sublimely.   Max Lucado

No comments: