Friday, February 1, 2013

Prayer Each Day - Every Knee Shall Bow

    “Good morning Lord.”  Thank you for this day, a day that you have made---I will rejoice and be glad in it.

'My husband is a managing producer of a local public television affiliate.  He interacts with various celebrities as part of his work.  One day he had to call an Olympic ice-skater who hosted a project they produced.  Another day he was in meetings with a well-known actor who was narrating a documentary.
  "One night over supper he told me about his day and again mentioned several names I recognized.
   “Do you realize how cool it sounds that you chat with those people?”  I said.    
    Even though I knew they were just people---with strengths and weaknesses common to all of us---I couldn’t help but be impressed by those “big names.”             
    These names I recognized, yet I was able to sit beside them at meals, listen to their opinions, interact in some way.
    Those encounters are fun, but it’s more exciting to know the Name above all names.  Even athletes, actors, or politicians with the most famous of names will one day bow to Him.  Yet He invites us to total access.  We are always welcome into His presence.  Jesus is the encounter I can be most excited to tell others about, the name I most want to share.

“…That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”   Philippians 2:10-11

Faith Step:  Imagine you were able to meet someone famous that you’ve long admired.  How would you feel?  Go into your prayer time with that same excitement as you meet with Jesus.             Sharon  Hinch

Thanks, Don for sharing the Daily Prayer

No comments: