Monday, January 18, 2010

Love is Demonstrated Through Deeds

“The relationship between love and appropriate action is demonstrated repeatedly in the scriptures and is highlighted by the Savior’s instruction to His Apostles: ‘If ye love me, keep my commandments’ (John 14:15). Just as our love of and for the Lord is evidenced by walking ever in His ways (see Deuteronomy 19:9), so our love for spouse, parents, and children is reflected most powerfully in our thoughts, our words, and our deeds (see Mosiah 4:30).”
David A. Bednar, “More Diligent and Concerned at Home,” Ensign, Nov. 2009, 18

This quote:

reminds me of the conversation Brother Hunt had with a friend who believes that we are saved by grace.  He asked why, if our actions do not affect our salvation, why does his friend obey the commandments so righteously.  His friend, astonished at such a question, answered, “Because I love Him and He asked me to.”

 makes me want to try harder to show my love - especially for my children and for my Lord

reminds me of people who said they loved me but didn't act like it.  Beware of such people in your lives.

reminds me of how very much the Savior loves us, who suffered beyond comprehension in order to save us if we will repent

No comments: