Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Peek Into Your Head

thanks, Kris

If you like - copy, change the answers and post, email or comment.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My mother’s best friend Barbara at the time. I don’t know her last name, It sounds like McCune but was spelled differently.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Yesterday, reading “Rilla of Ingleside” (Anne of Green Gables #8) when Jem went off to war and his poor little dog refused to leave the train station, but waits there meeting every train looking for him.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
When I am not in a hurry and messy. I do a kind of running walk, more print than cursive, inspired slightly by, but not as nice as my Aunt Robin’s hand.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Meat from real meat, roast beef from a real roast is best, turkey (white meat) is great, too. But not from a package so much.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
My joy and my blessings!

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I think so.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Not as much as I used to, but sadly, I enjoy a good nip now and then, despite President Hinckley.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Not likely!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I prefer eggs and sausage - there goes my heart! Oatmeal with peanut butter and brown sugar.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I prefer slip ons, but usually, I do untie when I wear tie ons.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Physically? so-so, ok for an old woman. Emotionally and spiritually? Sometimes, but not strong enough

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Moose Tracks or Chocolate Moose Tracks, but not Cherry Moose Tracks.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
What kind of face they have.

15. RED OR PINK?
Depends on where on what.

16. WHAT TO YOU LIKE THE LEAST ABOUT YOURSELF?
That is a very long and embarrassing personal list.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
That could make me cry again. Mostly? Myself as a full-time mother. Also, dear friends who have moved away.

18. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Grass green

19. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Pot roast when we come home from church, wet sidewalks in the summer, newly mown lawns, clean babies, roses, chocolate

20.WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Ben who said, “Speed Bumps.”

21. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?
Eventing (horses jumping), horse racing

22. HAIR COLOR?
Brown with “silver highlights” at the temples.

23. EYE COLOR?
Hazel

24. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No, I have glasses I don’t wear as much as I should.

25. FAVORITE FOOD?
Too many! Beef. Potatoes. Chocolate. Lemon Meringue Pie. Artichokes. Corn on the cob. Ice Cream. The list goes on.

26. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings

29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
“For Love of Winn-Dixie” at the BloodSource. Mediocre.

30. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Spring and Fall, actually. But between them, Summer.

31. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? "Rilla of Ingleside," “The Old Testament” & always, "The Book of Mormon"

32. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T. V. LAST NIGHT?
A bit of news, bits of Wheel of Fortune, most of Everybody Loves Raymond

33. FAVORITE SOUND?
My children laughing, birds in the morning, ocean surf,

34. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Acadia National Park

35. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Still buried

36. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Willits, Mendocino County, California the little town where Seabiscuit and his jockey each went to recuperate

!

No comments: